Guidelines for Abstract Preparation and Submission:
Abstract Submissions are Closed.
(Deadline Extended to 10/15/22)
NYSNS accepts abstracts in the following categories:
- Basic Mechanisms
- Translational Research
- Clinical Research
- Epidemiologic Research
- Health Disparities
- At least one author must be a member of the NYSNS in order for the abstract to be considered
- The first author must be a student, neurology resident or fellow.
- Enter all authors in the order they should appear in the author listing of the abstract
- NYSNS will communicate solely with the first/presenting author if accepted
- The first/presenting author must ensure that all authors have read and agreed with the content of the abstract submitted for the NYSNS 2022 Annual Meeting
- There is a limit of 3,200 characters for the text of your abstract submission
- The character limit includes title, abstract body, and spaces, but does NOT include authors, institutions, tables, or images
Format: The abstracts must be submitted in PDF format.
Abstracts should be organized into four separate paragraphs:
- Conclusions (please conclude by stating the significance of the findings)
Tables and Images
These can be embedded in the abstract and will not count towards the character limit.
- Use only standard abbreviations
- For terms that are abbreviated, use the whole word the first time, followed by the abbreviation in parenthesis
- References will not be included in the total character count
- Use references sparingly within the body of your abstract.
- Work presented in abstracts must conform to guidelines for ethical experimental procedures with animals and patients, as well as accepted scientific standards. Failure to meet these guidelines will result in the rejection of the abstract.
Sources of Funding
- Funding must be noted at the end of the abstract and will NOT be included in the total character count.
Click on the Submit tab to upload your abstract
Be sure to proofread before you upload your abstract.
You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of submission. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please email email@example.com to check if your abstract has been received.